i decided to make today my take-care-of-business day.
first i decided to call dmv(department of motor vehicle) to find out what's up with my license. i had it suspended for 2 months like a year ago. at the time of getting the ticket i was living in NY with an NY license. at the time of going to court and getting it suspended i was already living in NJ with an NJ license. when i was getting my NJ license i had to give in my NY one. so after all of this happened, i got a letter from NY DMV to turn in my NY license... which i already didn't have of course. sometime later NJ DMV sent me a letter saying that since my NY license is suspended, they are suspending my NJ license until everything is settled with NY. like 4 months ago i got a letter from NJ dmv saying that if i want my license, i should send them 50$. i did.. and never heard from them again. so today i call them to ask what happened... they tell me that i need to get a 'clearance letter' from NY, then they can give me my NJ license back. so i call NY DMV; those tell me that i need to call some other office for the letter. i do that, i get this chick on the phone. she was cool, lol.. she started kinda flirting with me.. though i had other stuff on my mind! lol. anyway, she said that my license is still suspended because i need to pay a suspension termination fee of 25$. so now i need to go into an NY dmv office and do that... except the one closest to my job is in the battery park area... which is sealed off right now. i'll ask my mom to go into another office next to her job tomorrow and do that.
then there is this whole other problem with my medical benefits at work. these fucking dimwits don't know how to do their job, and instead of admitting that they've lost my paperwork, they tell me that they have sent it in. except i called the medical company.. they say they never got anything. (2 medical companies actually.. neither got anything)
yup, that's my day... here's a joke or something:
1. If you're too open minded, your brain may fall out.
2. Age is too high a price to pay for maturity.
3. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic.
4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
8. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
12. A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
14. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
15. No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
16. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
17. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
19. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
24. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
25. Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.